Auburn store evacuated after a car battery explodes | Business
AUBURN, AL (WSFA) - Shoppers at an Auburn Big Lots store were in for a scare on Thursday afternoon after the store was evacuated and haz-mat teams showed up.
According to Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson, a car battery charging inside the Big Lots location on Opelika Road exploded this afternoon.
The store did have to be evacuated for a short period of time while the explosion was cleaned up. The store is now back open.
Chief Dawson says nobody was hurt.