NC man wanted for kidnapping, rape found in Auburn | Crime
AUBURN, AL (WSFA) - A man wanted on indictiments for kidnapping and rape in the state of Tennessee is in custody after Auburn police apprehended him.
Alfred L. Wilson, 49, of Charlotte, North Carolina, was taken into custody Thursday, according to authorities, while he was trying to purchase gas at a station on Bent Creek Road. He was apparently passing through Auburn and not staying in the city.
The Cumberland County (Tennessee) Sheriff's Office held outstanding indictments against Wilson for kidnapping and rape.
Wilson is being held at the Lee County Detention Center while waiting on an extradition hearing.
Top Auburn Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Auburn Police reminding citizens to lock their doors following recent thefts
- Auburn man arrested for allegedly stabbing man in the neck
- Portion of Moores Mill Road to Close to Local Traffic June 17
- Downtown Streets to Close for SummerNight on June 14