Jury duty notification scam | Crime
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office has received information from several Lee County residents who have received phone calls or text messages advising them they have missed jury duty. The message advises the person to call a specific number 704-319-7254 to clear up the problem of failing to appear for jury duty. The message warns that a person may face a fine of $500.00 and a jail sentence of 30 days.
These calls and/or messages are NOT OFFICIAL and are not connected to the Lee County Alabama court system in any manner. Anyone receiving a call or text message referencing the above listed number is advised to disregard the information.
Any communication regarding jury duty for Lee County residents originates in the office of Mrs. Patricia Campbell who serves as the Court Administrator for the Lee County Courts. Persons desiring additional information may contact the office of the court administrator at 334-737-3433.
Source: Lee County Sheriff
Top Auburn Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Auburn police plan 2 checkpoints on June 26
- Pair caught with stolen property, hit with theft and drug charges
- Briggs and Stratton to Sponsor Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- Auburn City Pools Offer Float-N-Movies and Friday Night Splash Events
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities