Senator Whatley proclamation recognizes Jessie Summers | People
Alabama State Senator Tom Whatley presents Jessie Summers with a Senate proclamation declaring “Jessie Summers Day” in honor of her long service and recent retirement as Curator of the Trade Center Museum at Pioneer Park in Loachapoka, Alabama. Summers, the first recipient of Lee County Historical Society’s Volunteer of the Year Award, was recognized at its annual membership party. The award is named in her honor.
The Lee County Historical Society is a non-profit organization established in 1968. Membership is open to all interested parties. For more information, see www.leecountyhistoricalsociety.org.
Source: Lee County Historical Society
Top Auburn Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Auburn Police reminding citizens to lock their doors following recent thefts
- Auburn man arrested for allegedly stabbing man in the neck
- Portion of Moores Mill Road to Close to Local Traffic June 17
- Downtown Streets to Close for SummerNight on June 14