Huntingdon men lost to 16th-ranked St. Mary's | Schools
The Huntingdon men’s basketball team opened 2013 with nationally ranked St. Mary’s College in the Morris Cregger Invitational at Roanoke College.
The Hawks remained within 10 points for most of the first half and only trailed by nine points with 16 minutes to play before 16th-ranked St. Mary’s pulled away for a 99-69 win on Tuesday.
“St. Mary’s is a very good team,” Huntingdon head coach Mike Pugh said. “We didn’t play well inside and we had too many turnovers. You can’t make mistakes against a team of that caliber.”
Jeremiah Thomas and Austin Hill each had 12 points and four rebounds for Huntingdon (3-9). Thomas also had three blocked shots.
Nick LaGuerre led St. Mary’s (11-1) with 36 points, seven assists and five steals.
Huntingdon returns to action in the consolation game of the tournament on Wednesday.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top Auburn Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Auburn police plan 2 checkpoints on June 26
- Pair caught with stolen property, hit with theft and drug charges
- Briggs and Stratton to Sponsor Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- Auburn City Pools Offer Float-N-Movies and Friday Night Splash Events
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities